Peer Review
This
week I presented my midterm portfolio project presentation. I was
pleased with the feedback I received as most all of it was positive and the
issues were more with the styling on some of the pages and text rather than the
actual concept.
Most of the feedback I got from my
classmates was that the pictures were gorgeous. That the pictures on each page
represented the article they were associated with or represented the general
theme very well. Another aspect of the magazine I was complimented on the
typography, many people said that the text had a nice beachy style on the front
cover but looked elegant in the content and feature articles.
Some of the concerns I received were not centered around the essence of the magazine but
rather how I had some pictures and text boxes orientated. On the cover page, I was
told that I need to have more teasers to draw readers in and cover the sand
portion of the picture with text to keep the ocean part clear but give the
readers a sneak peek. Another concern was the white box that my content page
text was located over, some people said that it would look good if I made it opaquer
so it more of a cloud effect and less of a solid white. this has inspired me to take a slightly different approach with my contents page showcasing images and different teasers
In the feature article I got complimented on the
layering of my pictures. Furthermore, it was expressed I should rearrange my pictures
so my feature articles title can be the largest thing on the page and it would
help eliminate dead white space around some of the text and pictures to make it more appealing to the eyes.

Comments
Post a Comment