Storyboard

 In class, we have been storyboarding our concepts. Storyboarding being "a flexible and comprehensive tool that can be used by a group to devise creative concepts" (Higgins). After I presented my refined concept to the class and got the feedback that I should home in on my family travel concept I began looking at the perfect places that I would want to show off as fun family destinations with something for everybody. I felt that with my understanding of the software needed, I could  "manipulate shots and add postproduction elements such as music, sound effects, dialogue, titles, and credits, all of which can greatly enhance the final version of your film," (O'Brain), while I'm not doing a film the software will still allow me to give my images the best possible effects. I chose Sarasota to be my location because I feel like I have a good knowledge of fun things to do and can use this to my advantage. For my feature article, I will have 3 different sections: Feet on the Ground, Sand, and Sky, and Egmont Key. Each of these concepts will have something for the whole family you enjoy, and then certain things geared towards specific age ranges. My magazine will showcase locations such as Selby Gardens, Celery Fields, Oscarschere Park, local beaches, and Egmont key. Pictures will also include images of flowers, trees, and other plants as well as ocean life such as fish and other creatures. 


The picture above is my cover page and will feature a picture of Egmont key that will fill the whole background. I'm not sure yet what my selling line and typography are going to be but I want them to look sleek but elegant.


This page will be my table of contents page that will have very minimal text. I want the picture to fill the entire background and have a blue and green color scheme such as the ocean. The table of content will include a brief selling line of what the viewer can expect to find.



























This image is the first of the 2-page spread which will incorporate many vibrant pictures of nature to inspire the reader to go to these locations and let their imagination soar. It will picture Selby gardens, celery field, Oscarschere park, and local flora and fauna.




























This is the second page of the 2-page spread and will focus only on Egmont Key. Each image will highlight a different part of the island and something for everyone to see and experience. The images and color scheme will be more blues with slight greens as most of the images will have the ocean in them.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post Production 2 - Feature Articles

Post Production 1 - Title Page and Contents Page

Creative Critical Reflection - Question 1